Determining dependencies for Qt modules
Patrick Stinson
2018-03-03 01:11:55 UTC
Hello!

I am trying to create the minimum Qt build for QtWidgets, QtQuickControls, QtLocation, and QtPurchasing. But when I configure with the following command line:

./configure -opensource -debug-and-release -nomake examples -nomake tests -skip qtactiveqt -skip qtandroidextras -skip qtcanvas3d -skip qtdeclarative -skip qtgamepad -skip qtremoteobjects -skip qtscript -skip qtserialbus -skip qtserialport -skip qtspeech -skip qtvirtualkeyboard -skip qtwayland -skip qtwebchannel -skip qtwebengine -skip qtwebglplugin -skip qtwebsockets -skip qtwebview -prefix $PWD

I get the following error:

Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: location purchasing

from the following qmake file:

QT += location purchasing
SOURCES += main.cpp

Thanks!
-Patrick
Thiago Macieira
2018-03-03 06:28:44 UTC
Post by Patrick Stinson
I am trying to create the minimum Qt build for QtWidgets, QtQuickControls,
QtLocation, and QtPurchasing. But when I configure with the following
Build everything. That's the easiest.

Anyway, your problem was skipping qtdeclarative. You can see the dependencies
in the .gitmodules file.
Patrick Stinson
2018-03-04 04:38:30 UTC
Post by Patrick Stinson
I am trying to create the minimum Qt build for QtWidgets, QtQuickControls,
QtLocation, and QtPurchasing. But when I configure with the following
Build everything. That’s the easiest.
Definitely the easiest. Definitely time consuming. No matter how much effort I put into keeping my deps clean with a copy-and-paste build instructions, I always end up re-building enough to want it to happen quickly and in a pinch.
Anyway, your problem was skipping qtdeclarative. You can see the dependencies
in the .gitmodules file.
Thanks for the tip on .gitmodules. I knew it had to be somewhere. Some problems with it:

I had a look and qtdeclarative is only recommended for qtlocation and qtpurchasing. I did notice that qtandroidextras is a dependency for qtpurchasing, and qtpurchasing builds and installs after removing “-skip qtandroidextras”:

Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: location

Which is odd considering I am building on macOS. But OK, maybe the dependency list ignores the current platform.

But the question remains: Why doesn’t qtlocation build when it only has qtbase as a dependency? So I removed “-skip qtdeclarative” from the configure line, but still no change:

Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: location

Then I removed “-skip qtserialport” to satisfy the “recommends” entries for qtlocation and that did it. So in the end for qtlocation and qtpurchasing on macOS I had to remove qtandroidextras, qtserialport, qtdeclarative

Is the dependency list actually reliable?

Thank you!
-Patrick