how to install qt enterprise using command line only?
Лагнер, Сергей
2016-07-03 14:28:36 UTC
Hello all.

I'm trying to use qt enterprise and I want to install it on my build
server. There is no any GUI on the server, so I need some way to install qt
without it. I downloaded qt-enterprise-linux-x64-android-5.6.1-1.run, but
it seems does not have such option.
I'd like to note, I do not want to build qt from sources, just install is
enough for me.
Is it possible to install it using command line only?

Thanks,
Sergey
Ben Lau
2016-07-03 14:34:12 UTC
Hi,

I have written a script for installing Qt OpenSource edition via command
line environment (xvfb is still needed). Although it do not fit with
enterprise edition (probably you need to login), it can be an example to
show how to manipulate Qt installer framework.

https://github.com/benlau/qtci/
Лагнер, Сергей
2016-07-06 04:55:31 UTC
Hi.

Sorry for the delayed response. I have checked and your script works well.
Many thanks.

But it not exactly what I want. I surprised that nobody cares about it. Is
the server without GUI rare case, or all others build Qt from scratch?
Sumedha Widyadharma
2016-07-06 10:54:45 UTC
Hi
Hi,
I have written a script for installing Qt OpenSource edition via command line environment (xvfb is still needed). Although it do not fit with enterprise edition (probably you need to login), it can be
an example to show how to manipulate Qt installer framework.
Have you tried passing --platform minimal to the installer? I think this would then work without any X Server.
https://github.com/benlau/qtci/
Hello all.
I'm trying to use qt enterprise and I want to install it on my build server. There is no any GUI on the server, so I need some way to install qt without it. I downloaded
qt-enterprise-linux-x64-android-5.6.1-1.run, but it seems does not have such option.
I'd like to note, I do not want to build qt from sources, just install is enough for me.
Is it possible to install it using command line only?
Thanks,
Sergey
Regards,
Sumedha Widyadharma
--
Sumedha Widyadharma
System Integrator

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel : +49 6151 870 589 128 | Fax: +49 6151 870 589 199
***@basyskom.com | www.basyskom.com

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Eva Brucherseifer, Heike Ziegler
Лагнер, Сергей
2016-07-06 11:45:09 UTC
~/Downloads$ ./qt-enterprise-linux-x64-android-5.6.1-1.run --platform
minimal
Unknown option: platform

There is no such option in executable help.

Post by Ben Lau
Hi
Post by Ben Lau
Is it possible to install it using command line only?
Thanks,
Sergey
Regards,
Sumedha Widyadharma
--
Sumedha Widyadharma
System Integrator
basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel : +49 6151 870 589 128 | Fax: +49 6151 870 589 199
Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
GeschÀftsfÌhrung: Dr. Eva Brucherseifer, Heike Ziegler
Dmitry Volosnykh
Лагнер, Сергей
2016-07-07 04:29:43 UTC
Does not work as well

~/Downloads$ ./qt-enterprise-linux-x64-android-5.6.1-1.run -platform minimal
Unknown option: p, l, a, t, f, o, r, m

The following text is the executable help:

~/Downloads$ ./qt-enterprise-linux-x64-android-5.6.1-1.run -h
Usage: ./qt-enterprise-linux-x64-android-5.6.1-1.run [options] Key=Value

-h, --help Displays this help.
--version Displays version information.
--framework-version Displays the version of the Qt
Installer
Framework.
-v, --verbose Verbose mode. Prints out more
information.
--proxy Use system proxy on Windows and
Linux.
This option has no effect on OS X.
--script <file> Execute the script given as argument.
--checkupdates Check for updates and return an XML
description.
--updater Start application in updater mode.
--manage-packages Start application in package manager
mode.
--no-force-installations Allow deselecting components that are
marked as forced.
--show-virtual-components Show virtual components in installer
and
package manager.
--logging-rules <rules> Enables logging according to passed
rules. Comma separated logging rules
have
the following syntax:
loggingCategory=true/false. Passing
empty
logging rules enables all logging
categories. The following rules
enable a
single category:
ifw.*=false,ifw.category=true The
following logging categories are
available:
ifw.componentChecker
ifw.resources
ifw.translations
--create-local-repository Create a local repository inside the
installation directory. This option
has
no effect on online installers.
--addRepository <URI,...> Add a local or remote repository to
the
list of user defined repositories.
--addTempRepository <URI,...> Add a local or remote repository to
the
list of temporary available
repositories.
--setTempRepository <URI,...> Set a local or remote repository as
temporary repository, it is the only
one
used during fetch.
Note: URI must be prefixed with the
protocol, i.e. file:///, https://,
http:// or ftp://.
--startserver <mode,socketname,key> Starts the application as headless
process waiting for commands to
execute.
Mode can be DEBUG or PRODUCTION. In
DEBUG
mode, the option values can be
omitted.Note: The server will not
shutdown on his own, you need to
quit the
process by hand.
--startclient <socketname,key> Starts the application to debug the
client-server communication. If a
value
is omitted, the client will use a
default
instead. Note: The server process is
not
started by the client application in
that
case, you need to start it on your
own.

Arguments:
Key=Value Key Value pair to be set.
Thiago Macieira
2016-07-07 04:42:22 UTC
Post by Лагнер, Сергей
Does not work as well
~/Downloads$ ./qt-enterprise-linux-x64-android-5.6.1-1.run -platform minimal
Unknown option: p, l, a, t, f, o, r, m
Looks like the installer eats the options that QGuiApplication needs. Try this
instead:

export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=minimal
Ben Lau
2016-07-07 07:05:49 UTC
Post by Sumedha Widyadharma
Does not work as well
I have tested this method on a VM without X. It works.
Ch'Gans
2016-07-07 07:19:11 UTC
Post by Ben Lau
Post by Thiago Macieira
Post by Лагнер, Сергей
Does not work as well
~/Downloads$ ./qt-enterprise-linux-x64-android-5.6.1-1.run -platform minimal
Unknown option: p, l, a, t, f, o, r, m
Looks like the installer eats the options that QGuiApplication needs. Try this
export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=minimal
There's an "offscreen" one as well that works on Linux/MacOS/Widnows,
I use it for automated tests on a headless system.

Chris
Kevin Mcintyre
2016-07-07 05:09:49 UTC
I've been using the --script option to install on headless systems.

--script qt.install.js

--- qt.install.js ---

function Controller() {
installer.autoRejectMessageBoxes();
installer.installationFinished.connect(function() {
gui.clickButton(buttons.NextButton);
})
}
Controller.prototype.WelcomePageCallback = function() {
gui.clickButton(buttons.NextButton);
}
Controller.prototype.CredentialsPageCallback = function() {
gui.clickButton(buttons.NextButton);
}
Controller.prototype.IntroductionPageCallback = function() {
gui.clickButton(buttons.NextButton);
}
Controller.prototype.TargetDirectoryPageCallback = function() {

gui.currentPageWidget().TargetDirectoryLineEdit.setText(installer.value("HomeDir")
+ "/Qt");
gui.clickButton(buttons.NextButton);
}
Controller.prototype.ComponentSelectionPageCallback = function() {
gui.clickButton(buttons.NextButton);
}
Controller.prototype.LicenseAgreementPageCallback = function() {
gui.currentPageWidget().AcceptLicenseRadioButton.setChecked(true);
gui.clickButton(buttons.NextButton);
}
Controller.prototype.ReadyForInstallationPageCallback = function() {
gui.clickButton(buttons.NextButton);
}
Controller.prototype.PerformInstallationPageCallback = function() {
gui.clickButton(buttons.NextButton);
}
Ch'Gans
2016-07-07 04:47:29 UTC
Post by Лагнер, Сергей
Hello all.
I'm trying to use qt enterprise and I want to install it on my build server.
There is no any GUI on the server, so I need some way to install qt without
it. I downloaded qt-enterprise-linux-x64-android-5.6.1-1.run, but it seems
does not have such option.
I'd like to note, I do not want to build qt from sources, just install is
enough for me.
Is it possible to install it using command line only?
The way I install it on remote headless servers is:
- install on a local machine (same OS same CPU arch)
- rsync to remote server

It has the added advantage, that you can make sure all your build
servers are running the exact same thing

My 2 cents
Post by Лагнер, Сергей
Thanks,
Sergey