Windows 10 Tablet QNetworkConfigurationManager not online if WIFI (MSVC 2017)
ekke
2018-11-24 10:41:10 UTC
after years developing apps for Android and iOS I recently added
Windows10 64 bit.
thx to Qt my QtQuickControls2 apps are running on Windows10 with less
changes in UI
will blog about this later
for my windows 10 support I only need .exe for desktop app - no UWP apps
on a fresh Windows 10 pro 64 bit I installed:
- MSVC 2017 CE
- Qt 5.12 RC - MSVC 2017
to deploy the app:
- vcvars64.bat
- windeployqt --qmldir Y:\myApp\qml
Y:\build-myApp-Desktop_Qt_5_12_0_MSVC2017-Release\release
myApp.exe is working on
- my development environment (macOS 10.13.6 + Parallels VM - Windows 10
pro 64 bit)
- a customer Windows 10 pro Touch device
both connected via LAN
now the problem:
customers testing the app reporting that the app only works in LAN, but
not connected to WIFI adapters
I'm checking isOnline checking the onlineStateChanged SIGNAL from
QNetworkConfigurationManager - same as on Android
(on iOS I'm using OBJ-C ReachabilityListener)
any ideas what can be wrong in windows ?
will get a Windows 10 Tablet with WIFI next week to do more detailed tests

thx

ekke
ekke
2018-11-26 12:48:29 UTC
in the meantime found the reason
qnativewifibearer.dll
is missed from
my_path_to_qt\5.12.0\msvc2017_64\plugins\bearer

is this a bug ?

found an older qnativewifibearer.dll in the web, copied into
release/bearer and now WIFI connection is detected

of course it's no good idea to copy a dll from the web

so my question: HowTo get an official one from Qt

thx for tips

ekke
Roland Winklmeier
2018-11-26 16:20:31 UTC
Post by ekke
in the meantime found the reason
qnativewifibearer.dll
is missed from
my_path_to_qt\5.12.0\msvc2017_64\plugins\bearer
is this a bug ?
Hi Ekke,

it got disabled in https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/214029/ since it
was causing high pings (http://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-40332) and has
no replacement yet. There are some changes in the pipeline but seemed to be
stalled since August:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/q/status:open+project:qt/qtbase+branch:dev+topic:bearerplugins,n,z

Not sure if anybody is still working on them. So that leaves you with the
only option to build Qt yourself with those plugins enabled or maybe there
is a chance to build them on top of the official binaries.

Cheers Roland