[Interest] Qt and CloudKit/iCloud Drive
Israel Brewster
2018-07-05 16:24:01 UTC
I have a Qt based application that currently stores its data in a SQLite database using the QSql interfaces (QSqlQuery, QSqlTableModel, etc). I would like to add iCloud syncing to this app, but my searching so far hasn't turned up any Qt interfaces for CloudKit or iCloudDrive that I can find. Do such interfaces exist, or do I have to use the native Apple API's? Are there any tricks I can use to make the transition easier? Thanks.

Israel Brewster
Systems Analyst II
5245 Airport Industrial Rd
Fairbanks, AK 99709
(907) 450-7293

[cid:517cce41-ca24-4949-a4ef-***@flyravn.com]

[cid:1100cbe3-15c0-42be-988e-***@flyravn.com]
Boris Ralchenko

Israel Brewster
2018-07-06 15:49:48 UTC
On Jul 5, 2018, at 10:11 AM, Boris Ralchenko <***@ics.com<mailto:***@ics.com>> wrote:

You’ll have to use native Apple APIs. I don’t think there are any tricks - but I just looked at Apple documentation, have not done it actually.

Regards,
Boris Ralchenko.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, that kills the cross-platform aspect of using Qt in the first place (at least the Mac/Windows cross-platform). Of course, just trying to do iCloud sync in general probably would have the same effect. Maybe I need to look into other options - Dropbox seems to be popular. Thanks again!

Israel Brewster
Systems Analyst II
5245 Airport Industrial Rd
Fairbanks, AK 99709
(907) 450-7293

On Jul 5, 2018, at 12:24 PM, Israel Brewster <***@flyravn.com<mailto:***@flyravn.com>> wrote:

I have a Qt based application that currently stores its data in a SQLite database using the QSql interfaces (QSqlQuery, QSqlTableModel, etc). I would like to add iCloud syncing to this app, but my searching so far hasn't turned up any Qt interfaces for CloudKit or iCloudDrive that I can find. Do such interfaces exist, or do I have to use the native Apple API's? Are there any tricks I can use to make the transition easier? Thanks.

Israel Brewster
Systems Analyst II
5245 Airport Industrial Rd
Fairbanks, AK 99709